Noticing a stockpile of canned foods? Keep seeing an old jacket that doesn’t fit anymore?
While these can take up space in your cabinets and closets, for our neighbors experiencing homelessness, they can mean survival. Your generous donation of goods provides hope for those who need it most – the hope that others care about them.
Small gifts can make a big difference.
Drop-off location & hours
Our donations/receiving warehouse is located at:
1 W Las Vegas St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Need us to pick something up?
For items that are large in size or quantity, you can schedule a pick-up with one of our donation trucks that run Monday-Friday. We just need 7 days notice to ensure availability.
Call us at (719) 314-2364 to schedule a pick-up time.
Note: We always appreciate you bringing your donations to us – it saves us time and money!
“In winter, when the weather turns too cold, I come to Springs Rescue Mission for shelter, meals, and warm clothing. I’m glad Springs Rescue Mission is here, they’ve given me direction and the support I need to eventually get off the streets.”
Remember your tax deduction:
- The value of your goods is tax-deductible
- You will be offered a receipt at the time of your donation
Surviving on the streets requires different items depending on the season. We update our Amazon list of urgent and seasonal needs regularly so you know what the people we serve need most. Check back often to see updates to the list.
We update our Amazon wish list with some of the items we need most. This makes it simple and easy for you to shop online, and these items are delivered directly to our door – and directly to your neighbors in need.
What we always need:
- Small appliances (blenders, lamps, microwaves, etc)
- Hygiene Items
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, lotion, clothing)
- Kitchen items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans)
- Bedding (sheets, comforters, pillowcases)
- Sleeping bags
- Gift cards to local grocery stores, gas cards
- Food items, both perishable and non-perishable
We cannot accept:
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Furniture * Please contact Robert Worrall at 719-314-2364 for guidelines regarding furniture donations.
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats
- Mattresses, box springs, and bed frames
- Auto parts or tires
- Medical Supplies (adult diapers, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, syringes)
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable Liquids, Gas Cans, Items with Gas, Oxygen Tanks, Paint, Propane Tanks)
- Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition
- Include all pieces and/or parts and manuals (if available)
- Wash or dry-clean clothing prior to donating
- Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- Donate broken or soiled items
- Leave items outside of the SRM building (see our drop-off hours)
- Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards
Get your friends involved!
Please do. Hosting a donations drive at your office, church or in your neighborhood is a great way to raise a significant amount of items for your homeless neighbors. We’d love to help make your donations drive simple and effective.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help making your donation drive great and with any other questions about donating to the Mission.