This is an administrative position that provides support to the Springs Rescue Mission (SRM) Volunteer Manager and Volunteer Ministries Team. Position gives volunteer care for those who partner with the Mission and responds to phone, email, and online inquiries regarding the Volunteer Program. The Volunteer assistant is responsible for volunteer records, the application process and scheduling. Also assists Volunteer Manager with reporting and tracking volunteer hours. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Volunteer Assistant Description
Resource Advocate I
Springs Rescue Mission is seeking to hire a full-time Resource Advocate. Resource Advocates provide the direct case management and advocacy services to enable homeless guests of Springs Rescue Mission to complete their personal journey off the streets and into permanent housing. Advocates do this by connecting guests to benefits and services that will enable them to become financially self-sufficient. Those we serve often have serious mental illness, substance abuse and physical disabilities and benefit from frequent contact with a compassionate advocate. Advocates help our guests articulate desire for change, plan change and execute the steps to become permanently housed and stable members of our community. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. RAP Advocate I Job Description
Internship Opportunities Abound
If you are interested in exploring an internship, SRM may be the right place for you. We have intern opportunities available in several areas including: program, development, and operations. Intern opportunities offer fast-paced, contributive workplace learning that makes a difference to those we serve while providing our interns with valuable career-readiness. All internship commitments require approximately 20 hours per week and are unpaid. If you are interested in exploring an intern opportunity/targeted volunteer opportunity with SRM, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@www.SpringsRescueMission.org.
Currently the following internship opportunities are available:
SRM is seeking interns to write and conduct research related to social demographics, homelessness, addiction, poverty and outcomes. Communications/Development interns will:
- learn about and have interaction with foundations and corporations who fund solutions
- have the opportunity to write and contribute to the various communication avenues: newsletters, blogs, brochures, grants, website, etc.
- research and learn about the real and pressing needs of the impoverished in El Paso county
- interact with professionals who communicate needs and work to identify and bridge the gap to offer viable solutions
Community Relations/Volunteer Relations:
SRM is seeking a leadership oriented, organized individual who is seeking a broad-based intern experience in non-profit operations. This internship will provide an individual interaction in nearly all departmental aspects of SRM through volunteer coordination and training. Offers hand-on experience in training and coordination, public speaking, database management and interactive team work/collaboration.
SRM is seeking interns who are gifted and interested in marketing and event planning. Focus will be on “cause-marketing”, working closely with SRM staff to plan and execute key marketing strategies and fundraising events. Interns will also have opportunity to learn about and interface with social media, its role and content in undergirding the support basis and communicating the needs for non-profit ministry.
Want to equip others to lead a better-quality, self-sufficient life? Springs Rescue Mission has intern opportunities for on-the-ground, non-profit leadership experience launching and operating a business venture that will impact the lives of those who desperately need hope! Learn more in the link below: Social Enterprise Internship Description
SRM administrates unique, life changing-programs meeting the needs of diverse populations in El Paso County. Individuals working toward a degree in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Communication, Social Work or related field can have the opportunity to gain hands-in, intensive interaction with clients, guests and staff. SRM programs are biblically based and focus on creating safe, nurturing environments to encourage transformation. Opportunities available in the following areas:
- New Life Program: This is a 12-18 month residential program for men who come primarily from a life of addiction, incarceration, and homelessness.
- Resource Advocate Program: This is an advocacy program offering assistance and resource acquisition to those in the community who struggle with mental illness, homelessness, addiction, belonging and stability.
- Family Mentor Alliance: A unique program that knits together mentor teams from various faith communities with families who have stabilized beyond crisis but are seeking deeper community connection and participation. This opportunity involves working with mentor teams as well as with participating families.