Volunteering as Group or Family
Springs Rescue Mission provides wonderful opportunities for businesses, church groups, school groups, community groups, youth groups and families to see lives transformed and filled with hope, as our community works together to fight homelessness, poverty and addiction.
Our volunteer database categorizes volunteers as either individuals or groups. Families are designated as a group and can be scheduled as such.
Please follow the steps outlined below in order to volunteer as a family.
Springs Rescue Mission provides wonderful opportunities for businesses, church groups, families, school groups, community groups and youth groups to see lives transformed and filled with hope, as our community works together to fight homelessness, poverty and addiction.
The following opportunities are available for groups. At this time, we’re unable to accommodate volunteer groups outside of these planned activities. We kindly ask that you only complete a group application if one of the opportunities below is suitable for your group.
Please follow these simple steps to volunteer for the group opportunities listed below:
- Application – Each group must have one designated adult leader complete the online form.
- Complete and submit the Group Safety Form.
- Email the completed form to KathleenD@SpringsRescueMission.org.
- Sign up for one of the volunteer opportunities listed below by visiting the Volunteer Information Center.
- Samaritan’s Kitchen – Available everyday, various shifts, ages 10 and older, groups of 5 or less
Volunteers will serve a meal to guests in Samaritan’s Kitchen. Due to the size of our kitchen, we can only accommodate groups of 5 or less for this opportunity.
- Shelter Reset – Saturdays, 9 am to 12 pm, ages 18 and older, 20 spots available
Volunteers will partner with staff and men in our New Life Program to reset our Shelter facilities by sanitizing and deep cleaning beds/cots, moving tables and chairs, cleaning the reception area and more.
- Make a Blanket, Warm a Heart – Every third Saturday of the month, 1:30 pm, all ages, 16 sports available
Help us provide relief services to our guests in the form of handmade blankets. Each blanket goes to Supportive Family Services to be distributed to families or individuals in need. Each volunteer will need to bring one piece of fleece fabric (1 yard x 1.5 yards) and fabric scissors.
- Table Favor Project – Offsite opportunity
Help us provide encouragement and hope to our guests by writing inspirational and encouraging notes. These table favors include a piece of candy attached to a small note with a Scripture or an encouraging message. The notes are then distributed at dinner services that day. Each volunteer will need to bring note cards and writing utensils (candy, tape, glue and stickers are helpful but optional).
NOTE: Group leaders are also strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Class or Springs Rescue Mission Tour. View available tours and orientations.
If your group is interested in hosting a drive on our behalf please email Jenny Kay at JenniferK@SpringsRescueMission.org and she will gladly provide you with a list of current needs.
We’re grateful for your heart to serve our valuable neighbors at Springs Rescue Mission. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Important Information About Group Projects
- As the Springs Rescue Mission states, “Because of our love and obedience to God, our mission is to mobilize the community to provide relief, rehabilitation and empowerment services.” Therefore, our limited group opportunities are reserved for groups within the Greater Colorado Springs area. If your group is not from the Greater Colorado Springs area, we encourage you to seek opportunities in your area.
- Most of our projects are suitable for up to 10 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for a meal, in the Samaritan’s Kitchen (please let the Volunteer Coordinator know if your group is planning to join us for a meal by emailing your request to KathleenD@springsrescuemission.org).
- Group scheduling: all group volunteer projects require time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service.