Volunteering as Group or Family
Families, church groups, businesses, and other local groups can make a big difference – and have fun – by volunteering as a group.
- Complete the online group form.
- Schedule a tour and orientation for the group leader.
- Schedule a shift that fits your group.
- Serve a Meal – Ages 10 & older, groups of 5 or less, available daily
Breakfast volunteers serve 5:30-7:30 a.m.; Dinner volunteers serve 3:30-5:30 p.m., providing warm meals and a friendly smile.
- Reset the Shelter – Ages 18+, groups of 15 or less, available every Saturday.
Volunteers serve 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., providing basic cleaning activities to keep our shelter clean and safe for our guests.
- Special Projects or Off-Campus Donation Drives
Please email our volunteer office if you’re interested in upcoming projects or hosting local donation drives.
NOTE: Group leaders are also strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Class or Springs Rescue Mission Tour. View available tours and orientations.
If your group is interested in hosting a drive on our behalf please email Jenny Kay and she will gladly provide you with a list of current needs.
We’re grateful for your heart to serve our valuable neighbors at Springs Rescue Mission. If you have any questions or need more information, please email us.
Important Information About Group Projects
- As the Springs Rescue Mission states, “Because of our love and obedience to God, our mission is to mobilize the community to provide relief, rehabilitation and empowerment services.” Therefore, our limited group opportunities are reserved for groups within the Greater Colorado Springs area. If your group is not from the Greater Colorado Springs area, we encourage you to seek opportunities in your area.
- Most of our projects are suitable for up to 10 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for a meal in the Samaritan’s Kitchen.
- Group scheduling: any special group volunteer projects require time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service.