Become A Volunteer
By volunteering, you’re part of something bigger than yourself. Please join us at Springs Rescue Mission and help bring hope and opportunity to at-risk children, women and men of the Pikes Peak Region!
Volunteering your time connects you with your neighbors and changes everyone involved.
“I leave here every day more fulfilled than when I came.”
–Brittany Hubble, Winter Shelter volunteer
“I thought I was going to go down and rescue some folks, but it was my life that got totally changed.”
–Tim Gore, Lead Ambassador
And our volunteer family is vital to our work.
Our volunteers help provide over 280,000 meals to hungry neighbors and 27,000 nights of shelter per year.
From serving meals or welcoming winter shelter guests, to mentoring families experiencing homelessness or teaching math to recovering addicts, we have volunteer opportunities that match many skills and schedules. Apply to learn more.
We are in need of volunteers for the Winter Warming Shelter opening November 1st.
- Winter Warming Shelter (Volunteers commit to a once a week volunteer position from 5:30p – 7:30p or 6:30p – 7:30p from November 1st through April 15th. Please see the “How Do I Become a Volunteer?” Section below and follow the “I want to volunteer every week” instructions.)
- Samaritan’s Kitchen (With the expansion of our dinner services, we great opportunity to partner with us in our kitchen. No kitchen experience required. We have many opportunities available to fit your schedule. Please see the “How Do I Become a Volunteer?” Section below and follow the “I want to volunteer occasionally” instructions.)
- Warehouse Warrior
- Shelter Reset
Please note that most volunteer opportunities are available Monday through Saturday. Sunday volunteer opportunities are extremely limited. Other volunteer opportunities are also available, however the opportunities above are our greatest need at this time.
Our volunteer orientation includes a tour of our campus and ideas on how you can get involved.
For those who wish to volunteer more frequently, a Volunteer Orientation is a required piece of the application process.
Our next scheduled Volunteer Orientation is Saturday, September 12th at 10:30 am or Saturday, October 3rd at 10:00 am. Both will meet in the lobby of 5 W. Las Vegas St., 80903. Orientations typically take about an hour and a half to complete.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP by calling (719) 632-1822.
Tour our campus to see how our programs and services transform lives and fill them with hope, and to witness the dozens of ways you can get involved.
We offer tours on the following Tuesdays (Please note this does not include a Volunteer Orientation):
- Tuesday, September 22nd – 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 29th – 1:30 p.m.
Tour our campus to see how our programs and services transform lives and fill them with hope, and to witness the dozens of ways you can get involved. We offer tours on the following Tuesdays (Please note this does not include a Volunteer Orientation):
I want to volunteer occasionally
Initial volunteer opportunities include providing meals through the Samaritan’s Kitchen, receiving and sorting donations with the Warehouse Warriors, and assisting in various ongoing projects across the campus.
1. To get started, please complete the online form to set up a username and password.
2) Visit our volunteer login page, and enter your username and password. By clicking on the “Scheduling” tab, you can schedule yourself for any open volunteer opportunities.
3) Print off the appropriate sheet from the links below with all necessary reporting information:
I want to volunteer every week
If you would like to serve more frequently:
OR Download our Partner Level 2 application and email your completed form to BethE@springsrescuemission.org or drop off a completed form at our Administration Building located at 5 W. Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
2) After your application is received, we’ll contact you for an interview. During this interview we will talk with you about current volunteering opportunities and next steps. Please note, it may take 30 days or more to be contacted for an interview.
3) Schedule a Volunteer Orientation from this list of dates above. Your volunteer orientation can be scheduled before or after your interview.
In the meantime, after completing the Partner Level 2 application online, you may go to our Volunteer Information Center to schedule yourself for Partner Level 1 positions.
Thank you for your patience!
If volunteer hours are required for school, church or work please fill out our online form.
If court ordered or appointed by Discover Goodwill please contact the Programs Administrative Assistant Patricia Garcia at (719) 314-2356 to schedule an appointment.
Volunteering as a Group
Springs Rescue Mission provides wonderful opportunities for businesses, church groups, families, school groups, community groups and youth groups to see lives transformed and filled with hope, as our community works together to fight homelessness, poverty and addiction.
1. Each group must have 1 designated adult leader complete the online form.
Upon completion, please email it to BethE@springsrescuemission.org or drop it by our Administration Building located at 5 W. Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
2. Complete and submit the Group Safety Form no later than two weeks prior to the date of service to reserve your group volunteer opportunity.
3. A Volunteer Services team member will contact you with available opportunities for your group and all the details you’ll need (including directions, volunteer waivers, guidelines, etc.).
Group leaders are also strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Class or Springs Rescue Mission Tour. Please see the next available Volunteer Orientation at the top of this page.
Important Information About Group Projects
- As the Springs Rescue Mission states, “Because of our love and obedience to God, our mission is to mobilize the community to provide relief, rehabilitation and empowerment services.” Therefore, our limited group opportunities are reserved for groups within the Greater Colorado Springs area. If your group is not from the Greater Colorado Springs area, we encourage you to seek opportunities in your area.
- Most of our projects are suitable for up to 15 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups, on a case-by-case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for a meal, in the Samaritan’s Kitchen at a cost of only $1 per person (please let the Volunteer Coordinator know if your group is planning to join us for a meal by emailing your request to BethE@springsrescuemission.org. Please also include your method of payment.)
- Group scheduling: all group volunteer project srequire time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service.