Enterprise Zone Donations
As a Volunteer at Springs Rescue Mission, Steve saw people in great need every week and his heart was drawn to also give a larger monetary gift throughout the year. Once Steve found out the Enterprise Zone could multiply the effectiveness of his donation and help more people, he was able to make a bigger difference on a consistent basis.
Steve wrote out a check for $1,000 and when he received a tax credit for $250 he gave that too. “Wow! It became a gift that just kept helping more people.”
The Enterprise Zone contribution tax credit was created by the State Government to encourage taxpayers to increase their giving to specific organizations that benefit our community. Donors who write a check for $250 or more through the El Paso County Enterprise Zone receive a 25 percent Colorado state income tax credit in addition to their charitable contributions! (In-kind contributions, like labor, materials, stocks, bonds, or real estate are also welcome in the EZone with some added stipulations.)
Note: Cash / credit card donations do not qualify for the Ezone.
GIVE A ONE-TIME GIFT THROUGH THE EZONE IN FOUR SIMPLE STEPS:
- Write a check payable to “El Paso County Enterprise Zone,” and in the memo line, write “Springs Rescue Mission” as well as the last four digits of your Social Security Number or Colorado Account Number*. You only need to provide the last four digits of your SSN or Colorado Account Number to us once; all subsequent EZone donations will only need “Springs Rescue Mission” in the memo line. Your donation must be at least $250 to qualify. (Cash and credit card donations not eligible.)
- Mail the check to Springs Rescue Mission, Attn: EZONE, 5 W. Las Vegas St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
- You will receive a donation receipt shortly after you make your donation, and in about 45 business days, you will receive a tax credit certificate from the county.
- At the end of the year, your state income taxes will need to be filed electronically.
RECEIVE EZONE TAX CREDITS FOR YOUR MONTHLY GIFTS:
- Sign up as a monthly donor, and use a credit card or checking account to automate your monthly gift (monthly donations via checks are not eligible at this time). Your monthly gift as a Good Samaritan Sponsor will help us provide valuable resources to neighbors in need throughout the year.
- Call us at (719) 314-2373 and provide us with the last four digits of your Social Security Number or Colorado Account Number.*
- The sum of your monthly donations from January through December must be at least $250 to qualify.
- You will receive a tax credit certificate from the county about 45-60 days after December 31st.
- Your state income taxes will need to be filed electronically.
* If you’re not comfortable providing the last four digits of your Social Security Number, you may instead provide your Colorado Account Number, which can be obtained by visiting Colorado Department of Revenue’s website and clicking on the “Request a Letter ID” link in the Additional Services section.
Thanks to the EZone, you can elevate people to a more positive life!