Growth and Gratitude at Springs Rescue Mission
With God’s blessing and the support of a generous community that cares, we are grateful to report a number of highlights that mark FY2016 as a year of very positive growth at the Mission. In the fiscal year just completed:
- Our Samaritan’s Kitchen served approximately 100,000 meals. With the opening of our new year-round shelter, the kitchen added more meals to accommodate the growing amount of guests on our campus. The kitchen now prepares and serves 10 meals during the day: four breakfasts, two lunch meals and four separate dinner times.
- The Mission’s Supportive Family Services provided material aid – like food, clothing, household goods and hygiene items – totaling nearly $4 million to local families and individuals in poverty. Supportive Family Services continues to serve about 850 unique families per month.
- The Resource Advocate Program (RAP) provided just over 3,700 one-on-one case management sessions for chronically homeless people, with a record 1,279 identifiable outcomes – including finding secure housing for 32 of our homeless friends.
- Our Winter Shelter, operating from November through mid-April, provided 10,000 bed nights of shelter (and nourishing breakfasts) to at-risk homeless neighbors in our community. Just as important, 239 unique individuals served by the Winter Shelter sought out a RAP Advocate to receive case management services.
- This past year, 24 men graduated from the New Life Program, the Mission’s one-year residential rehabilitation program for addicted men.
Springs Rescue Mission Campus
Springs Rescue Mission looks forward to continued innovation and growth as we continue to expand out relief ministries and better serve more of our chronically homeless neighbors in Colorado Springs. We feel we can look forward with confidence thanks to the support of a very generous community of friends – like you – each of whom provided encouragement and resources to bring about the dynamic results of the fiscal year we have just concluded.
We are so grateful for your partnership. Thanks for being a neighbor helping neighbors!