Springs Rescue Mission is accepting Homeless Contribution Tax Credit (HCTC) donations!
Created by Colorado House Bill 2022-1083, the Colorado Homeless Contribution Income Tax Credit provides a tax credit to Colorado taxpayers that contribute to eligible homelessness related projects within Colorado.
Donors who give monetary or stock gifts of $250 or more are eligible to receive a 25-percent Colorado state income tax credit through this new program.
Making a One-Time HCTC Gift
1. Write a check of $250 or more payable to SpringsRescue Mission and include “HCTC” or “Homeless Contribution Tax Credit” in the memo line.
2. Mail the check to:
Springs Rescue Mission
5 W Las Vegas St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
3. Use the state’s secure online portal (more below) to submit your donation for HCTC. If your donation is over $5,000, upload the donation receipt you’ll receive in the mail from SRM as required documentation.
4. Upon approval, you’ll receive an HCTC certificate from the state which you can use at the end of the year to claim your 25-percent Colorado state income tax credit.
Receive Tax Credits as a Good Samaritan Sponsor
1. Sign up to become a monthly Good Samaritan Sponsor and donate $250 or more in total donations for the current tax year.
2. In December, you’ll receive an HCTC statement in the mail from Springs Rescue Mission with a total amount that you can submit on the state’s secure online portal (more below) for HCTC. If your donation amount is over $5,000, upload the year-end giving statement you receive in the mail from SRM as required documentation.
5. Upon approval, you’ll receive an HCTC certificate from the state which you can use at the end of the year to claim your 25-percent Colorado state income tax credit.
How to Receive a Tax Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: Colorado state law requires individuals to provide their full social security number to qualify for HCTC.
All requests for homeless contribution tax credits for donations to Springs Rescue Mission must be submitted on the state’s secure online portal for donation submissions. Refer to the state’s website for their style guide and formatting rules for submissions on their online portal. The social security number must match the name of individual requesting HCTC tax credits and match the social security number on the state income tax return.
Once you have successfully submitted your contribution via the state’s secure online portal, Springs Rescue Mission will review the contribution. Upon approval, you will receive a copy of your HCTC certificate by email.
If you have any questions regarding HCTC, please contact us at (719) 632-1822.