Perhaps the easiest way to get involved as a volunteer is helping serve as a short term volunteer, either in the Samaritan Kitchen or SharePoint (donation center).
Short Term Opportunities:
- Serve a Meal Ages 16 & older, 7 days a week, lunch 10:30AM-1:45PM and dinner 2:00pm-5:30pm.
- SharePoint Ages 16+ or 12+ with accompanying adult weekdays 9:00am-11:30am and 12:30pm – 3:30pm.
If you really want to make a difference in the life of someone in need, consider becoming a “High Impact Volunteer.” These faithful people come back weekly, building relationships and trust with our most vulnerable neighbors. Positions are open across campus!
Families, church groups, businesses, and other local groups can make a big difference – and have fun – by volunteering as a group. Follow these simple steps to get started.
- Serve a Meal Ages 16 & older, groups of 4-8, available Tues & Thurs, groups 4-20 available Saturdays. Dinner volunteers serve 2:00 pm -5:00 p.m., providing warm meals and a friendly smile.
- SharePoint Ages 16+ or 12+ with accompanying adult, groups of 4 or less, available every weekday, groups 4-8 available Saturdays. Volunteers serve 1:30pm -4:30pm, welcoming and assisting guests in the center, as well as warehouse support.
NOTE: Group leaders are also strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Volunteer Tour and Orientation or Springs Rescue Mission Tour. View available tours and orientations. If your group is interested in hosting a drive on our behalf, please email us and we will gladly provide you with a list of current needs. We’re grateful for your heart to serve our valuable neighbors at Springs Rescue Mission. If you have any questions or need more information, please email us.
- As the Springs Rescue Mission states, “Because of our love and obedience to God, our mission is to mobilize the community to provide relief, rehabilitation and empowerment services.” Therefore, our limited group opportunities are reserved for groups within the Greater Colorado Springs area. If your group is not from the Greater Colorado Springs area, we encourage you to seek opportunities in your area.
- Most of our projects are suitable for up to 10 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for a meal in the Samaritan’s Kitchen. If your group plans to join us for a meal during your time of service with us, please identify the number of individuals dining with us at the time you submit your group application, via e-mail to Volunteer@SpringsRescueMission.org.
- Group scheduling: any special group volunteer projects require time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service.
When we show someone new around, we hear four words over and over again – "I had no idea". We want to make it possible for everyone to experience what's happening at your Mission.