Supportive Family Services is a place where donations are joyfully received from the Colorado Springs community and distributed freely and generously to those experiencing homelessness, struggling families, individuals, and other non-profits.
Perhaps you have an old jacket that doesn’t fit any longer and it’s just taking up space in your closet. Maybe you have the ability to purchase extra food in your next grocery store run. For our guests experiencing homelessness, as well as our community neighbors in need, these things can make a difference. Your generous donation of goods provides hope for those who need it most – the hope that others care about them.
Small gifts can make a big difference, and we thank you.
Drop-off location & hours
Donations can be made at our Supportive Family Services location:
1109 S Tejon St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Remember your tax deduction:
- The value of your goods is tax-deductible
- You will be offered a receipt at the time of your donation
“In winter, when the weather turns too cold, I come to Springs Rescue Mission for shelter, meals, and warm clothing. I’m glad Springs Rescue Mission is here, they’ve given me direction and the support I need to eventually get off the streets.”
The homeless men and women in Colorado Springs need our help now more than ever. During this COVID-19 pandemic, they are among the most vulnerable to the virus and are about twice as likely to be infected. Please consider giving the items below or a financial donation today.
With the increase in the number of guests seeking services across our campus, the need for specific donations has increased as well. Below are items needed by various departments to meet the increased need.
- Face masks
- Hand sanitizer
- Nitrile Gloves
- Disinfectant spray
SRM’s free store is closed while much-need renovations are being done to the building. However, we will continue to provide the essential items to guests and those who need it most.
The following is a list of items that are most needed. You are still welcome to drop off any and all items for donations (currently, donations are limited to four bags per drop-off). If we are not able to use your donations, they will be shared with other trusted non-profits in the area.
HYGIENE – Travel size and unopened
- Body wash
- Disposable razor
- Hand/toe warmers
*We are currently well-stocked on soap and feminine hygiene items
- Laundry detergent pods
- Disposable bowls, cups, and silverware
- Adult backpacks (in good condition)
- Warm blankets/fleeces
- Ground coffee
- Thanksgiving food items (please ask for an itemized list)
CLOTHING – Gently used items that are clean are fine unless otherwise indicated
- Coats (adults)
- Sweatpants or jeans
- Warm shoes
- New Underwear (men’s/women’s)
- Sweatshirts/warm sweaters/hoodies
- New socks
- Winter hats (ball caps are not currently needed)
We are unable to accept:
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats
- Auto parts or tires
- Medical Supplies (adult diapers, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, syringes)
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable Liquids, Gas Cans, Items with Gas, Oxygen Tanks, Paint, Propane Tanks)
- Opened or partially used food or hygiene items
- Dirty, wet, or inappropriate clothing
- Large furniture items including beds
- Office equipment such as copiers, printers, or computer parts
- Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition
- Include all pieces and/or parts and manuals (if available)
- Wash or dry-clean clothing prior to donating
- Separate clothing into presorted bags (women’s in one bag, men’s in another, shoes in another bag if possible)
- Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- Donate broken or soiled items
- Leave items outside of the SRM building (see our drop-off hours)
- Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards
Get your friends involved!
Please do. Hosting a donations drive at your office, church or in your neighborhood is a great way to raise a significant amount of items for your homeless neighbors. We’d love to help make your donations drive simple and effective.
Contact us at email@example.com for help making your donation drive great and with any other questions about donating to the Mission.