Noticing a stockpile of canned foods? Keep seeing an old jacket that doesn’t fit anymore?
While these can take up space in your cabinets and closets, for our neighbors experiencing homelessness, they can mean survival. Your generous donation of goods provides hope for those who need it most – the hope that others care about them.
Small gifts can make a big difference.
Drop-off location & hours
Our main donations/receiving warehouse is located at:
111 W Las Vegas St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 4:30pm
Saturday 9:00am – 11:30am
Supportive Family Services
Homeless: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11:00am – 12:00pm
Non-Homeless: Monday – Thursday 1:00pm – 3:00pm
We also have a north drop-off location for small items:
ER Specialists Urgency Center
4194 Royal Pine Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Need us to pick something up?
For items that are large in size or quantity, you can schedule a pick-up with one of our donation trucks that run Monday-Friday. We just need 7 days notice to ensure availability.
Call us at (719) 314-2364 to schedule a pick-up time.
Note: We always appreciate you bringing your donations to us – it saves us time and money!
“In winter, when the weather turns too cold, I come to Springs Rescue Mission for shelter, meals, and warm clothing. I’m glad Springs Rescue Mission is here, they’ve given me direction and the support I need to eventually get off the streets.”
Remember your tax deduction:
- The value of your goods is tax-deductible
- You will be offered a receipt at the time of your donation
Surviving on the streets requires different items depending on the season. Below are some items we’re running low on. You can also donate from our Amazon List.
- Canned fruits and vegetables* (ravioli, soup, chili, etc.)
- Canned fruits* and vegetables
- Peanut Butter
- Granola Bars
- Cup of Noodles
- Canned beans*
*pop-top or pull tab cans are preferred
- Vehicles in good, running condition
- Sweat pants
- Laundry detergent (pods)
- Work Boots
- Bedding (twin size comforters and sheets)
- Men and Women’s underwear (new)
- Hand-held can openers
- Bottled water
What we always need:
- Small appliances (blenders, lamps, microwaves, etc)
- Hygiene Items
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, lotion, clothing)
- Kitchen items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans)
- Bedding (sheets, comforters, pillowcases)
- Gift cards to local grocery stores, gas cards
- Food items, both perishable and non-perishable
We cannot accept:
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats
- Auto parts or tires
- Medical Supplies (adult diapers, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, syringes)
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable Liquids, Gas Cans, Items with Gas, Oxygen Tanks, Paint, Propane Tanks)
- Opened food or hygiene items
- Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition
- Include all pieces and/or parts and manuals (if available)
- Wash or dry-clean clothing prior to donating
- Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- Donate broken or soiled items
- Leave items outside of the SRM building (see our drop-off hours)
- Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards
Get your friends involved!
Please do. Hosting a donations drive at your office, church or in your neighborhood is a great way to raise a significant amount of items for your homeless neighbors. We’d love to help make your donations drive simple and effective.
Contact us at email@example.com for help making your donation drive great and with any other questions about donating to the Mission.