Drop-off location & hours
We have a new location! Please note our new address:
1109 S Tejon St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
We receive donations Monday – Thursday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
In-kind donation receipts will be issued to you for tax purposes.
Remember your tax deduction:
- The value of your goods is tax-deductible
- You will be offered a receipt at the time of your donation
“In winter, when the weather turns too cold, I come to Springs Rescue Mission for shelter, meals, and warm clothing. I’m glad Springs Rescue Mission is here, they’ve given me direction and the support I need to eventually get off the streets.”
Donating goods to Springs Rescue Mission has a significant and direct impact on the men and women we serve. Your in-kind gifts reduce costs, help keep programs running, and keep our doors open 365 days a year to serve some of Colorado Springs’ most vulnerable men and women.
Springs Rescue Mission serves over 700 men and women a day through nutritious meals, sheltering, case management and work programs which means our campus needs a consistent stream of hygiene products, paper products, small housewares, gently used and new clothing, and thousands of pounds of food to support our programs and services.
We will graciously accept and use most donated goods; however, we have provided guidelines for donating below to help reduce strain on staff, limit storage costs and provide the most direct impact to people and services in our community. If we are not able to use your donations, they will be shared with other partner nonprofits and agencies serving those neighbors in need in our community.
Want to Help with Specific Needs? Gather Your Friends and Host a Drive!
Hosting a donation drive at your office, church or in your neighborhood is a great way to raise awareness in our community about homelessness and poverty. In addition, donation drives help keep our costs down and provide much-needed items for our guests and clients.
To provide 205,000 plus meals per year, we need a stocked pantry. The following items are most critical to the kitchen’s operation.
- Creamer – individual serving containers
- Sugar and sugar substitutes – individual packets
- Flour – bulk
- Peanut butter – small jars
- Jelly – small jars
- Tomato Sauce
- Canned beans (kidney/black/pinto)
- Sugar – bulk
- Rice – bulk
- Cooking oil
- Oatmeal – bulk
- Bottled water
- Disposable plates
- Disposable bowls
- Disposable forks
- Disposable spoons
- Disposable cups (8 oz or smaller)
Gently Used Clothing
Having a clean set of clothes is often the first step toward restoring a man or women’s sense of dignity. We need quality clothing and shoes of all sizes for men and women.
- Clothing that would be suitable for casual, restaurant or construction type of work is needed to support our work initiatives.
- Women’s pants such as jeans and khakis
- Men’s pants such as jeans and khakis
- Casual business attire for men and women
- Donations of coats, hats, and gloves are needed during the winter months
Items essential to setting up a small home – such as pots and pans, lamps, dishes, glassware, bedspreads, etc. – are accepted according to immediate need. We ask that donated housewares be clean, in excellent condition, boxed, and labeled with contents clearly marked.
Springs Rescue Mission provides over 30,000 showers per year. The guests and clients who come to us every day for a shower and clean clothing do not have access to hygiene products and toiletries unless we supply them. Without your help, we must purchase these products.
- Travel-sized shampoo
- Travel-sized conditioner
- Travel Sized hair products for men and women of color
- Small bars of soap (think hotel size)
- Disposable razors (2 blades at minimum is most appreciated)
- Incontinence undergarment – Depends (especially sizes Med and Large)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Bath towels (standard size and simple colors are the best)
To keep our guests and clients warm and dry, we provide over 9,000 loads of laundry per year. This volume of laundry requires thousands of individual laundry pods which Springs Rescue Mission provides and goes through daily.
- Detergent pods
- Washer cleaning packets
Springs Rescue Mission has residential programs that require a constant turnover of fresh linens. Your donation of NEW linens allows us to provide a safe and clean good night’s sleep to men and women who may otherwise be exposed to the elements.
- Twin blankets
- Twin sheets
- Women’s underwear (sizes 5-16)
- Men’s underwear (sizes M, L, XL, XXL)
- Men and women’s socks
- Sweatpants and sweatshirts
- Sports bras for women
- Adult backpacks
- Small notepads
- Pens without caps (click pens)
- Note cards with envelopes and stamps
- Know you are making a difference and your gifts are greatly appreciated!
- We ask that all donations of used clothing be clean, of good quality, and ready to wear (no repairs needed)
- Please sort, box, and label all clothes according to gender (men, women, shoes) and mark the box as “used” or “new”
- Donate broken or soiled items
- Leave items outside of the SRM building (see our drop-off hours)
- Donate items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards
- Donate the following as we are not able to accept them:
- Furniture or mattresses
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Auto parts or tires
- Medications (including non-prescription and over-the-counter) and medical supplies (ie crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, syringes)
- Hazardous materials (flammable liquids, gas cans, items with gas, oxygen tanks, paint, propane tanks)
- Opened or partially-used food or hygiene items
- Dirty, wet, or inappropriate clothing
- Office equipment such as copiers, printers, or computer parts