Noticing a stockpile of canned foods? Keep seeing an old jacket that doesn’t fit anymore?
While these can take up space in your cabinets and closets, for our neighbors experiencing homelessness, they can mean survival. Your generous donation of goods provides hope for those who need it most – the hope that others care about them.
Small gifts can make a big difference.
Drop-off location & hours
Our donations warehouse/SFS free store is located at:
111 W Las Vegas St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Note: At this time, the donations dock is only receiving necessities for the COVID-19 pandemic (see below). We are not receiving clothing or other sundries at this time.
*The receiving dock is closed on the last Friday of every month
“In winter, when the weather turns too cold, I come to Springs Rescue Mission for shelter, meals, and warm clothing. I’m glad Springs Rescue Mission is here, they’ve given me direction and the support I need to eventually get off the streets.”
Remember your tax deduction:
- The value of your goods is tax-deductible
- You will be offered a receipt at the time of your donation
The homeless men and women in Colorado Springs need our help now more than ever. During this COVID-19 pandemic, they are among the most vulnerable to the virus and are about twice as likely to be infected. This outbreak was unexpected. It wasn’t in the budget. And we’re quickly running out of essentials like hand sanitizer, toilet paper and soap. During this time, Springs Rescue Mission needs your help more than ever. Please consider giving the items below or a financial donation today. These items can be dropped off at 111 W Las Vegas Street from 9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Shampoo (travel size is preferred but we will accept larger ones)
New underwear (men’s and women’s)
Disposable cups (8 oz or smaller)
We depend on donations from organizations and individuals to provide for our many guests experiencing homelessness as well as families struggling. Below are the items most needed to help our guests transform their lives. You can also donate from our Amazon List.
Your donations of food help Samaritan’s Kitchen provide over 17,000 meals a month and our Supportive Family Services provide food for nearly 300 struggling families each month.
- Powdered Creamer
- Granola Bars
These items help struggling families provide for their family. These items also help us provide for the men residing in our yearlong addiction recovery program as well as our homeless guests while on campus and as they transition into their own place.
- Vehicles in good, running condition
- Sweat pants
- Laundry detergent (pods)
- Work Boots
- Men and Women’s underwear (new)
- Bottled water
- Small working appliances (blenders, lamps, microwaves, etc.)
- Hygiene Items (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, sunscreen, lotion)
- Baby Items (larger diapers, wipes)
- Kitchen Items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans)
- Bedding (twin size sheets, twin size comforters, pillowcases, bed pillows)
What we always need:
- Small appliances (blenders, lamps, microwaves, etc)
- Hygiene Items
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, lotion, clothing)
- Kitchen items (dishes, glasses, silverware, utensils, pots/pans)
- Bedding (sheets, comforters, pillowcases)
- Gift cards to local grocery stores, gas cards
- Food items, both perishable and non-perishable
We cannot accept:
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)
- Cribs that are not approved by federal guidelines
- Car seats
- Auto parts or tires
- Medical Supplies (adult diapers, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs, syringes)
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable Liquids, Gas Cans, Items with Gas, Oxygen Tanks, Paint, Propane Tanks)
- Opened food or hygiene items
- Test all electrical and battery-operated equipment to make sure it is in working condition
- Include all pieces and/or parts and manuals (if available)
- Wash or dry-clean clothing prior to donating
- Bring an itemized list of your donation and ask for a receipt
- Donate broken or soiled items
- Leave items outside of the SRM building (see our drop-off hours)
- Donate items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards
Get your friends involved!
Please do. Hosting a donations drive at your office, church or in your neighborhood is a great way to raise a significant amount of items for your homeless neighbors. We’d love to help make your donations drive simple and effective.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help making your donation drive great and with any other questions about donating to the Mission.