Hosting a Donation Drive
Hosting a donation drive at your church, school, or business is a great way to bring friends, family, and co-workers together to fight homelessness, poverty, and addiction in Colorado Springs.
Here are some steps to make your drive fun and successful:
1. Contact Us
Use the form below to let us get to know you and help you along the way.
2. Choose Items
- When you contact us, we will provide a list of urgent items. You can also check out our current needs here.
- Focusing your drive on a few items is most helpful to Springs Rescue Mission and to your participants making shopping easy.
- Themed drives are great! Pack the Pantry (sugar, flour, oil) or Fill their Cup (coffee, sugar packets, creamer), Warming Hearts and Hands (gloves, mittens, hand warmers)
3. Publish Timeframe and Promote
- The best drives usually last 3-4 weeks.
- Promotion: Attached below is a poster that you can print as needed and use to promote your drive throughout your location. Please make sure it’s clear where people are supposed to bring their donations.
- Competition: Stir up some friendly competition. Offer a prize for a group, team, or class that brings in the most donations, or see how quickly you can fill a bin closet, or room.
4. Drop Off Items
- Please plan to deliver donations to 1109 S. Tejon Street
- Drop-offs can be made Monday – Thursday from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Let the receiving team know you are there to drop off and if a receipt is needed.
5. Celebrate and Appreciate!
We will deliver or send a community champion certificate to thank you for your support of Springs Rescue Mission
Let us know when your donation drive is taking place.
Note: Due to budget constraints, we are no longer able to pick up donations. Please plan to deliver donations to 1109 S. Tejon Street.