New Life Program
- 15 E. Las Vegas StreetColorado Springs, CO 80903
- Fill out an application at 15 E. Las Vegas Street
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- (719) 632-1822
“They gave me structure and space when I needed it, but they also helped me forge real friendships with people for the first time. They genuinely cared about me. So the more I trusted people here, the better it got. I received so much love and support; it gave me a whole new outlook on life.”
– Kevin, 2015 graduate
Our New Life program helps men recover from addiction and acquire the skills needed to pursue a career and be contributors in our community. By addressing all aspects of their character, and through a Biblical foundation, we see lifelong transformation in these men. We provide spiritual direction, counseling and mentoring, academic and career employment classes, and ministry assignments to ensure that every man gets the support and tools he needs to thrive.
We serve 35 – 40 men per day through our New Life program.
Mentors, tutors, counselors—there are so many ways to volunteer in the New Life Program. And that’s not the only way to help.
The New Life Program is a yearlong residential men’s addiction recovery program. By addressing all aspects of your character and providing a Biblical foundation, the goal is that you would get clean and gain all of the skills necessary to thrive in everyday life. We provide spiritual direction, counseling and mentoring, academic and career employment classes, and ministry assignments to ensure that you are getting all of the support and tools you need to thrive.
The 4 Components of the Men’s New Life Program
These four components are based on Mark 12:30, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your HEART, and with all your SOUL, and with all your MIND, and with all your STRENGTH.”
- Spiritual: Every day starts with devotions and worship. Bible study, recovery meetings, and weekly church attendance follow throughout the week. The goal is for each man to be able to live the rest of his life with solid biblical understanding as he journeys through recovery with a relationship with Jesus Christ. A volunteer mentor helps with spiritual support as well.
- Counseling/Case Management: Each man is assigned a Case Manager who will work with him throughout the New Life Program. Our Case Managers strive to offer personal counsel and spirit-led insight to address and resolve issues related to previous life choices. NLP residents also participate in self evaluations, process groups, and counseling sessions.
- Education: The Career Advancement Center (CAC) offers comprehensive education in academic subjects and career development/readiness. Residents improve reading, grammar and math skills, and learn basic computer operation. If necessary, men are able to obtain a GED and prepare for higher education opportunities. Classes in life skills supplement academic learning. Career employment classes offer residents the opportunity to explore viable career options and prepare accordingly for successful employment.
- Work Assignments: Our work assignment component develops basic proficiencies that successful employees need. These include following instructions, punctuality, working with others, submitting to authority, finishing a job to completion, and resolving work conflict issues.
We believe this Whole-Man approach (heart, soul, mind, body) is essential to move from a life of brokenness to a life of Christ-likeness.
- The applicant must be a male at least 18 years old.
- He must require assistance recovering from drug, alcohol and other addiction issues.
- He must be willing to engage in and experience a positive life change.
- He must be willing to commit to a full year in the program.
- He must be willing to follow all program guidelines and staff instruction.
- He must be able to fill out and sign the Application for Admission and all the intake documents.
- He must be physically capable of participating in all elements of the program including ministry assignments.
- He must be willing to submit to a background check. (Registered sexual offenders are not eligible for the program. Other background disqualifications may also exist.)
Our Application Process
1. Fill out an application at our facility, 15 E Las Vegas Street
2. Contact Roy Joshua at RoyJ@springsrescuemission.org to schedule an interview once your application is turned in
If you are incarcerated and want to enter the program:
1. Send a letter to the Mission with “Attn: Prison Outreach Liaison”
2. We will respond
If you are incarcerated through the Criminal Justice Center:
1. Submit a KITE request
2. We will review your request
3. We will contact you to schedule a presentation
Note: The New Life Program is not an overnight shelter or transitional housing facility.