Volunteering as Group or Family
Families, church groups, businesses, and other local groups can make a big difference – and have fun – by volunteering as a group.
Each member of the group will complete the online group form. Please select “I want to volunteer as part of a Group” on the affiliations page.
- Group Tour and Orientation
Schedule a tour and orientation for the group leader. (Highly recommended)
- Schedule Shift
Each member will use their login info from the “group form” in step 1 to schedule themselves for a volunteer time that works within their schedule. Presuming your group would like to volunteer together, we recommend that the group leader completes steps 1 and 2 and then checks step 3 for availability. Upon finding a date, time, and position that works for the group, the group leader can schedule themselves and email the link in step 1 as well as the desired date for service to the members in the group. The online tool also has social media links embedded to assist you in communicating to your group.
COVID UPDATE: We appreciate your interest in volunteering at Springs Rescue Mission. Because of the pandemic, we are taking extra precautions to mitigate the risk to you, our staff, and our guests. Therefore, we have limited volunteer opportunities available.
Thank you for your grace and understanding. Please continue to be in prayer for our guests and the campus as we navigate this season. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
- Serve a Meal – Ages 18 & older, groups of 5 or less, available daily
Breakfast volunteers serve 7:00 am – 10:15 am; Lunch volunteers serve 10:30 am – 1:45 pm; Dinner volunteers serve 2:00 pm -5:00 p.m., providing warm meals and a friendly smile.
- Reset the Shelter – Ages 18+, groups of 4 or less, available every Saturday.
Volunteers serve 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, providing basic cleaning activities to keep our shelter clean and safe for our guests.
NOTE: Group leaders are also strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Volunteer Tour and Orientation or Springs Rescue Mission Tour. View available tours and orientations.
If your group is interested in hosting a drive on our behalf please email Robert Worrall and he will gladly provide you with a list of current needs.
We’re grateful for your heart to serve our valuable neighbors at Springs Rescue Mission. If you have any questions or need more information, please email us.
Important Information About Group Projects
- As the Springs Rescue Mission states, “Because of our love and obedience to God, our mission is to mobilize the community to provide relief, rehabilitation and empowerment services.” Therefore, our limited group opportunities are reserved for groups within the Greater Colorado Springs area. If your group is not from the Greater Colorado Springs area, we encourage you to seek opportunities in your area.
- Most of our projects are suitable for up to 10 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for a meal in the Samaritan’s Kitchen. If your group plans to join us for a meal during your time of service with us, please identify the number of individuals dining with us at the time you submit your group application, via e-mail to Volunteer@SpringsRescueMission.org
- Group scheduling: any special group volunteer projects require time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service.