Consistent volunteers make the biggest impact.
If you really want to make a difference in the life of someone in need, consider becoming a “High Impact Volunteer.” These faithful people come back weekly, building relationships and trust with our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Complete the online application.
You’ll provide a username and password for your volunteer account.
- Schedule a tour and orientation.
Every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Wednesday at 1:00 p.m., we hold tours and orientations for interested volunteers. After completing step 1 above, please use the scheduling tool (srm.volunteerhub.com) to schedule an Orientation.
- Schedule an interview.
Part of keeping our guests and campus safe is making sure our volunteers are mature, compassionate people who value the dignity of others. After completing step 2 above, please use the scheduling tool (srm.volunteerhub.com) to schedule a one-hour interview in which we will discuss available volunteer positions based. The interview process will also include a background check.
Note: volunteers must be age 18 or older.
Please note: While we want to get you involved as quickly as possible, it may take up to 30 days to complete this process. If you want to get started right away, we encourage you to schedule a time to serve a meal.
Opportunities for High Impact Volunteers
- Serve homeless men and women in our Resource Center by offering access to helpful services like showers and laundry
- Guide struggling families through our food and clothing stores
- Teach classes (or mentor men) in our addiction recovery program
- Prepare meals alongside staff and residents in our Samaritan’s Kitchen
- Provide a professional service like car maintenance, technical skills, or legal support*
*licenses may be required