Prayer Requests for October 2021
The following are prayer requests submitted by neighbors struggling with homelessness, poverty and addiction. Please join Springs Rescue Mission staff and our faith community as we remember these precious neighbors in our daily prayers.
Please pray that all guests, clients, staff and volunteers stay safe and healthy during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the scourge of the opioid epidemic.
- “I need prayers for my family to be safe happy and healthy and for my psychosis to go away to lead a productive life and for my felony to not hold me back from the things I need to get done.” – Anonymous
- “Please may you pray for my father Viktor. He will have an operation and I am so worried.” – Veronica
- “Pray for Beverly’s health, she has had a high fever.” – Anonymous
- “Please pray for the city of Tasiilaq in Greenland. This city is considered to have the highest suicide rate in the world. Please plead with the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ for protection over this place.” – Chris
- “Please pray for my son Ryan, who lives in in St. Louis. He is experiencing loss of his job and apartment.” – Cynthia
- “Continue to pray for good health and steady work for our family.” – Rodney
- “Please pray for everyone who grieves this holiday season. It’s a hard time for people who have lost loved ones.” – Anonymous
- “Thank you for your prayers. My dear sister went home to Jesus.” – Catherine
- “Pray for the Solomon Family and the Colorado Rapid Vipers.” – Anonymous
- “Please pray for my friend. He relapsed and is not doing well. He is a good man — but he’s struggling.” – Cameron’
- “Pray for my marriage. If I don’t stop drinking, my wife said she will leave me. That scares me.” – Anonymous
- “Please pray for my grandmother. This will be her first holiday season since my grandfather died. They were married more than 60 years.” – Cameron
- “Please pray that my daddy be healed, freed from disease and it will go away completely and never come back, please!” – Veronika
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
Consistently provide nutritious meals, a bed and compassionate care for neighbors in need by becoming a Good Samaritan Sponsor today! For just $25 a month, you’ll help transform the life of a homeless man or woman in Colorado Springs.
Visit springsrescuemission.org/gss to learn more.